On this private one-person tour, we offer you a unique opportunity to be one-on-one with your guide exploring some of the finest viking sites close to Stockholm.
- Most Popular!
Public and Private Viking History Tours – Stockholm hotel pick up
See Viking Age History Up Close!
- Public Tour prices
- Public Tour 3-4h Adult (Ages 16+)
- Public Tour 5-6h Adult (Ages 16+)
- Public Tour 8h Adult (Ages 16+)
- Private Tour Prices
- Private Tour 3-4h Adult (Ages 16+)
- Private Tour 5-6h Adult (Ages 16+)
- Private Tour 8h Adult (Ages 16+)
More About Your Viking Tour
Unveil the mystery of the Swedish Viking History with an expert authorized guide and visit great Viking sites of cultural and archaeological interest. In the Swedish countryside, surrounded by the beautiful Swedish nature, you’ll get to experience the ancient history of the Vikings. Watch beautiful rune stones and hear the stories they wish to tell you. Lean all you ever want to know about the Vikings. Our expert guides will show you among others different runestones, viking causeways, a Viking Age parlament / assembly site and grounds whom the vikings themselves walked upon on.
We have three different viking tours who differ in lengths. 3h, 5h and 8h.
* Lunch stop at the 5h and 8h tour (lunch not included).
* Hotel pick up and drop off in Stockholm, if four kilometers from Stockholm Central Station, is included in the tour price.
* Harbour pick up at the harbours of inner city Stockholm: Stadsgården, Frihamnen and Värtahamnen. NO pick up in Nynäshamn harbour / Seaway (50km outside Sthlm).
Private or public/shared tour?
The private tours are open all year and all days. The public ones are divided over the week:
– 3h public viking tours: Monday and Thursday
– 5h public viking tours: Tuesday and Saturday
– 8h public viking tours: Wendesdays and Fridays.
Good to know information
* Clothing after weather and good shoes.
* Smaller walking distances only (40m maximum from the car on the “longer ones”).
* Wheelchairs, if fordable, normally works but please contact if you plan to bring a fordable scooter or wheelchair to make sure the vehicle got the space for it available. Same goes if you want to be dropped off at Arlanda airport and want to bring bags with you.
This is our most popular tours, please book your spot early to make sure you get a seat. The 8h public viking tour requires 3 people to run. The others 2 people who have booked.
See detailed pricing below for PUBLIC TOURS:
|Full Day (8 Hours)||kr1920||kr980||kr500|
|Half Day (5-6 Hours)||kr1650||kr800||kr200|
|Short Day (3-4 Hours)||kr950||kr450||kr150|
See detailed pricing below for PRIVATE TOURS:
|Full Day (8 Hours)||kr2750||kr1400||kr700|
|Half Day (5 Hours)||kr1850||kr1300||kr400|
|Short Day (3 Hours)||kr1250||kr800||kr350|
Free hotel pick up, and drop off, if your hotel are within 4km of Stockholm Central station; including inner Stockholm city, old town and most of Södermalm. Included all Stockholm harbours apart from Nynäshamn/Seaway.
Viking tour stops
Broby bro, one of Sweden’s most famous Viking burial grounds (included on the 3h, 5h, 8h tours)
- Learn about and visit Viking burial sites, both pagan and Christian. Hear what the runestones of this site can tell us. Hear about Estrid, a mighty Viking woman.
Jarlabanki’s bridge, an old, partly reconstructed Viking bridge (included on the 3h, 5h, 8h tours)
- Learn about Viking lords, their power, and their bridges and road building. Learn more about the mighty Jarlabanke kin group and their influence.
Arkil’s Thing site, a Viking parliament (included on the 3h, 5h, 8h tours)
- Hear about Viking laws, the society of the Vikings, how decisions were made in the society, and how disputes were settled.
Lunch stop (included on the 5h, 8h tours)
- A lunch stop is part of the 5h and 8h tour. That lunch stop, with lunch not included in the tour price, are usually done in the cozy town of Sigtuna.
Sigtuna, the oldest town in Sweden (included on the 5h, 8h tours)
- Visit the beautiful wooden town of Sigtuna, the oldest city in Sweden. Walk among the medieval church ruins, visit the museum, and walk along the big street that still has the same stretch as it had in the Viking age.
Old Uppsala and its Vendel-era grave mounds (included on the 8h tours)
- Visit the king mounds at Old Uppsala, one of Sweden’s most important historical places. Visit the former medieval Cathedral and walk among the 11-metre-high grave mounds while the guide goes through its rich and long history.
City of Uppsala (included on the 8h tours)
- Take a walk around the biggest church in the nordic countries: Uppsala Cathedral. Hear about the murders at the Uppsala castle courtyard and about the history of this town before heading back to Stockholm city and your hotel or cruise ship.